Wednesday, August 4, 2010

If it bleeds...

The journalistic saying is, "If it bleeds, it leads": gore sells, and I'm not just talking about Al.

Which brings us to my nose. As I've said before, I'm humble about my nose--I tend not to give it much thought. But when it starts spurting blood and won't stop, that does get my attention.

So I'm going to do something unusual: I seldom post about what I'm doing at the moment or how my day went, but this time I will take up a few posts with a true story of nosebleed. How riveting!

I had a bad nosebleed July 27, but anyone can have a nosebleed now and then. I had no further problem until that Friday, when I had a minor nosebleed in the early afternoon, but it stopped pretty quickly, and I thought no more of it. But that evening, it started up again and just wouldn't stop.

I was just finishing one of my part-time jobs--around here, you pretty much have to do a few part-time jobs; full-time ones are hard come by--when it just started trickling down. It didn't take long to realize that it wasn't minor this time.

I won't take long on the proper treatment for nosebleed; I did the nose pinch, which might have worked better if I'd been a Vulcan, but it didn't solve the problem. I could get the flow to decrease briefly now and then, and during such lulls I made some phone calls. One was to my veterinarian.

I'll explain that next time.

No comments:

 
Powered by WebRing.